Technology Refresh Solutions (TRS)
Technology Refresh Solutions (TRS) is DSI’s solution for the on-site upgrade, configuration and testing of standard platforms, operating systems, and applications. DSI’s TRS leverages the portability and flexibility of our process and tools to deliver rapid, high quality system upgrades and migrations.
As previously described, the tangible benefits of the software-enabled configuration and deployment process can easily be measured in terms of improved performance, increased quality, and reduced costs. The following statements outline the benefits of DSI’s software-enabled process and demonstrate our unique capabilities and approach in preparing and delivering sophisticated computing platforms, operating systems, and applications:
- Server and PC configuration design assistance available (if needed) from experienced network and PC configuration design engineers to formalize design standards, implementation methodologies and to establish processes for customer/DSI configuration center.
- The configuration process can produce all necessary component labels and shipping documentation based according to customer needs.
- Customized test scripts or processes can be designed according to customer’s needs and run on every unit built or on selected samples to verify correct setup and operation.
- Customer configuration data can be accepted in a variety of electronic formats (the most popular is spreadsheet format) and imported into the TRaDE tool database. This eliminates configuration errors due to re-keying of configuration data,
- Configuration reports on the hardware build settings are designed according to the desired output content and format, and printed following device configuration. These reports can be a valuable post-installation support tool for the IT and Help Desk staff.
- Hardware damaged or lost during transit can be quickly replaced by regenerating a replacement using the configuration information from the software database. This lessens the chance of incomplete or delayed installations.